Friday, August 17, 2007

Captin' Redeye

Pirates! I love pirates! Ever since I was a kid I loved them. This was probably because of the Monkey Island Games, and Pirate themed LEGO. Those were the days! I still love Monkey Island and Pirate Lego. But they dont make Pirate Lego anymore, how sad! In my opinion that was the best theme they had.

But anyway! This is probably inspired by those things in some way. I remember a while back everyone was drawing pirates on their blog, I guess I'm not quite with the times haha, but hey.


This guy is called Captin'redeye. Its because he has red eyes. I dont know what the ghosty things are though. Theres a story in there somewhere I'm sure!

Expect more pirates soon, I'm still in a Pirate painting mood hehe

Ken :D

12 comments:

ryan said...

this painting is RAD & Monkey Island 1 & 2 are my ALL TIME FAVORITE computer games!!!!!!!

ryan said...

& i agree the pirate themed legos kicked ass & were my favorite too

in fact pirates kick ass in general

PS steve purcell would be proud of this painting (he did the cover art for the first 2 games)

Maki said...

Cool!! Such a powerful drawing!

Sam Rowan said...

man you doing so much cool stuff lately keep it coming
sam

Dave said...

Haha great image, Kenneth! I love his expession!

Josh Hoye said...

dang, lookin good man. I like the step by step too.

S.T. Lewis said...

I love watching your work develop through the stages it goes through. This is a great one. I love the skull necklace. Great stuff, Ken.

Von Weiggart said...

Wow Ken, nice stuff you got here :) I love that you broke it down in a gif. I enjoy seeing your process and where you went with it.

Richard Oud said...

Damn dude.. your stuff rocks! Love the breakdowns, thanks for sharing it like that... I'll be sure to come back more often. Thanks for the support by the way ;)

Brandon Starr said...

This is great! I almost wish I hadn't seen it, now when I get around to finishing my own pirate I'll be worrying that it's not as good as yours lol

Bill Ferguson said...

Very cool!!!

Kei Phillips said...

wow, very cool! awesome work i am in awe!!