Friday, August 10, 2007

Malaysia is HOT!


PHEW! Its been a while - been so busy. Being a lazy traveller is hard work I tell ya.

Currently I'm in Malaysia, Melaka, with my girlfriend. Melaka is an interesting place - it was once one of the biggest and busiest ports in the world, a melting pot of culture and people! Not many ships come here these days, but theres still a vast mix of culture! And the food is great. And coming from the UK, everything is VERY cheap here - In the UK it costs me about 10GBP to go for dinner somewhere - here, I can get enough noodles to feed 3 of me for 4Ringgit - equivalent of 57pence! thats approx 1/20th of what I pay for a crappy dinner in Scotland, and portions back home dont even fill me up!

Needless to say ill be posting some food home before I catch my flight. Im cheap. Oh and this picture is of me, sweltering in the Malaysian heat.

Hmmm. Looks more like I had a little accident...


Ken :D

15 comments:

Kei Phillips said...

wow i adore how you have coloured this! the colours are gorgeous! also very nice design, the hands are sweet.
great pic

yes and thanks very much 4 ur comment! :D

afroman said...

hahaha nice pic! ah yes malaysia is a nice place indeed. Don't eat too many noodles though. ;)

jimbo said...

hah the expression is priceless. and yeah it can get pretty humid. you're covered in a layer of sweat the minute the sun comes up!

what kinda noodles you having for rm4?! that's unheard of in kuala lumpur...

UrbanBarbarian said...

Kick Ass Blog! Very Dynamic work!

zari.ZHM said...

i would like some noodles!..mmmm!
What a great work! this is a great blog!
thanks for passing by mine ;)

Ken Chandler said...

...or have a beetle up your shorts. :) Sweet illustration. Hope you had a relaxing trip home.

bog_art said...

I love asian food!!.. you are so lucky!!.. haha.. funny one..

Alfredotron said...

ahahah top notch work man, just dont go crazy with the cheap foof, cheers bro!

.:CHAOSBOY:. said...

You're linked!

Ken said...

kei phillips: thanks for that! haha i just based the design on my actual appearance XD and no worries its a pleasure!

afroman: hey man, have you been to malaysia?? thanks for the comment! and too late, ive been eatin loadsa noodles!!!

jimbo: thanks for the comment dude! oh yeh for sure, esp for me, coming from scotland, i think I sweat 5 times as much as the locals! oh man, go to Melaka! its cheaper here than in KL... though I may have been exaggerating the prices slightly woohoohoohoo

urbanbarbarian: thankyou! and thankyou! :D

zari.zhm: haha ill post some cheap noodles if you like. thanks mate, thanks for coming by and no worries!

Ken chandler: haha it may very well be a beetle...! thanks dude! still not home yet tho...

Bog_art: Yeh asian food is great, Chinese food used to scare me a little but im digging it now! And Malay food is great :D

Alfredotron: thanks dude! haha too late tho, i think my belly is expanding... yikes...

chaosboy: Awesome! I appreciate it dood!

RoB said...

Awesome! Too bad about that heat dude! Great work as always!

~!WoOtWoOt!~

Heidi Smith said...

Awesome!!! Really nice character, I love his face he has very unique features!!!

Sarah Satrun said...

very nice- love the expression!

G1toons said...

nice illo tight design

fistymerry said...

I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here.
วาดรูปเหมือน