Thursday, November 01, 2007

J T Blue... plays the blues

WOW! Have I got an exciting post today! This is my good friend J.T.Blue, world famous blues guitarist. Oh yes.

I love the blues. Specifically guitar based blues. There is something about blues music, I cant describe it, maybe it is the feeling and heart that goes into the playing, and the creativity behind it. I love improvisations. Its like doodling or painting from the heart, except instead of a pencil a Blues guitarist uses his guitar. Obviously.

Blues has its roots in African-American communities of the USA, and according to Wikipedia, had some influence from Scottish/Irish Ballads amongst manner other things. I never knew that, how interesting! The most amazing thing about blues music is, it has laid the foundations for most modern music we listen to now. Awesome!


And now the exciting part! Dont believe JT is real? Listen to him play here! I managed to record his warm up practicing, on my phone wink wink. This is rare material, hence the excitement ;)

JT warm up 1 JT warm up 2

(His guitar was out of tune BTW... dont say I said anything...)

Ill leave todays post with JT's hero, Jimi Hendrix

Enjoy!

Ken :D


11 comments:

Abel said...

Thank you so much for your words, you have such an interesting blog here, great illustrations and interesting texts!

elephantmarchblog said...

Very schlick. very nice renderings

mauricio salmon said...

damn, this is good! you coloring is just great!

Jamal O said...

Great style and lighting here!

Thats a serious blues player.
Nice!

Alex "Toon" Deligiannis said...

Man, this blog is full of great stuff! Nice work!!!

Ash Collins said...

not big into blues. gotta appreciate it though. gave birth to metal.

sweet arts!!

Miss Piggy Lass said...

I love this painting. Though i don't know much about art but i really like the colours and the expression. Love x

S.T. Lewis said...

I love this one. Great caricature/character. Really nice.

Alexei Martins said...

Oh blues! I love blues! awesome colors and expression!

Jimi Hendrix RULES!

Kevy Metal said...

As a guitar player, I totally appreciate this kind of work. Very nice! Thanx for the kind words on my page!

Ken said...

abel: Thanks for visiting and no worries! Thanks! :D

Elephantmarchblog: Thankyou!

Mauricio Salmon: Thanks mate! Much appreciated!

Jamal o: Thankyou! Yeh, he looks serious too heh! Cheers!

Alex'toon'deligiannis: Thanks mate! And thanks for visiting!

Ash Collins: Your right! And metal ROCKS! Thanks dude!

Miss Piggy Lass: HEY! you do know about art! Dont lie. You can draw well babes! Thanks! love x

St lewis: Thanks mate!

Alexei martins: Respect! thanks mate! And yeh, Jimi rocks!

Kevy Metal: Do you play metal per chance? Rock on! I try to play guitar haha. Thanks for the visit and kind comments!