Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Belated Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year!

Or should I say a belated one? Yeh Im a little late hehe but been a little busy.

This is a quick sketch I did and threw some colour on tonight in celebration. I dont usually celebrate Chinese New Year, but this year I went to the local student union where the Dundee University Malaysian Society were having a New Year party. Lots of food and Jackie Chan movie made a great night haha!

One year I would love to spend Chinese New Year in Malaysia with my girlfriend. Im sure that would be an experience and a half.
Anyhoo this pic was loosely based on a photograph I took in China of a girl dressed pretty much like that. She was being paid to of course. For the tourists. I love the old Chinese style costumes. Very cool.

Ok Happy New Year to all the Chinese bloggers out there, and everyone else who celebrates New Year at this time!

Ken :D

PS: Happy Darwin Day for today!!!! the 12th that is :D

18 comments:

William Hazle said...

and... Happy Darwin Day! :)

S.T. Lewis said...

Man, their time zone is WAY off! The new year hit here a month and a half ago. Excellent sketch and painting, man! Your blog's great.

Shawn Escott said...

Happy New Year! Nice painting Ken!

Alina Chau said...

lovely!

William Hazle said...

Cool :)

Jinny Liang said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you too! :D Lovely chinese girl :)

Charles Goatley said...

Happy Chinese New Year!

Those are two amazing pictures. The Chinese girl is really cool.

Dan szilagyi said...

Hey Ken,

Awesome painting of the girl, i also love the man, great expressions and colors.

Yeah i'd love for you to look over my recent art work from say the last 2 months? and just give me some stern as detailed as you can advice? I'm mostly interested to see what you'll say are my weakness and what i can do to get better.

thanks a bunch mate!
cheers~

ErikaD said...

haha. thanks ken! i like your chinese girl painting!

happy chinese new year btw!! ;)

Tapan Gandhi said...

amazing stuff! very inspiring work!

milkyteets said...

i love the feeling of the chinese new year drawing, great stuff. =)

bog_art said...

I agree with you.. I love the old Chinese style costumes too.. happy new Chinese year!!..

Cicada Studio said...

Found your blog thru BlogRush. Enjoyed your work!

Miss Piggy Lass said...

Awww Happy Chinese New Year!! Nice painting!! Reminds me of fun times with u touring China :D. Miss u lots and come spend Chinese New Year with me in Malaysia next time!! :p. Love xxx

Ken said...

Will: I never knew such a thing existed! Cheers!

St lewis: haha dont argue with the moon man! thanks for the kind words :D

shawn escott: thanks shawn! much apprecciated :D

Alina: Thanks :D!

Will: cheers!

Jinny Liang: Thank you Jinny :D and thanks for the kind words

Charles Goatley: Thanks mate! :D

Dan: cheers dude! Sure I will do mate, when I get the chance Ill drop an email or summit. as I say Im no expert, but if you think it will help, then im happy to give ya my 50 cents! talk soon

erikad: thankyou! cheers for dropping by and thanks for the new year wishes!

Tapan: thanks mate! much appreciated

milky: thank you! means a lot

bogart: their costumes rock! I wouldnt wear em though haha cheers!

cicada studio: wow! so that blogrush thing does work! thank you! thanks for dropping by :D

misspiggylass: haha aww thanks babes! oh yeh, china was fun. I miss it haha. Hope we can travel again soon :D awww maybe i can come next year, I am not so sure, but definetly one day I will!!!! love xxxx

Alexei Martins said...

Happy Chinese New Year dude!!!!
Love the colors, and wow what a lovely Chinese girl!

Cheers!

G1toons said...

nicely done

Lena said...

Greetings! Lew Tolstoy?
Good good bye!:)