Saturday, May 22, 2010

Suitsville


Hi everyone! Long time no see... I've been meaning to reply to comments and update my blog for a while, but I've been a bit busy with freelance work so had no time!

Cant stay long - above is an image I did recently. Sometimes that's how I feel... not sure its working as an image... perhaps I should do the whole thing in colour? Or make the kid brighter?

Also! I have another take on the monster line up. Meant to post this ages ago - I actually did this before I did the one in my last post. I discarded it for the more simpler option, but Im thinking to go back and finish this one up. A quick note - I thought this monster line up thing was original... how wrong I was... Ive since seen a few pieces of art along the same lines. Apologies! I'd never seen em before! 


Whoa! This post is all black and white! Will have to do some colour next time :D

Cheers for visiting!

Ken :D

17 comments:

Carl Knox said...

don't you hate it when you've done an illustration and then a friend comes along and says "oh.... i did that ages ago". :D

I still can't get over how similar our paintings were!

Love these ones ken.

Ross Love said...

Hey man. Love the character work. The kids expression on the line up pic is wonderful!

RAWLS said...

These are great bro!! Sweet characters!

Chris Boyd said...

Ha Ha. I love that Suitsville piece.

Every once in a while I need to go into the city. (I live near chicago) and this is exactly how I feel.

The faces in that crowd are great.

John 'Roc' Upchurch said...

really nice work man!

Claudio Cerri said...

Your art is always amazing, Ken!

ARI said...

I´d leave the ilustration as it is. Looks fantastic

Eric Barclay said...

Both are excellent-- really like the black & white in both images. I think the 'suit' image works well as-is... wouldn't change a thing!

Nadia said...

really love this one ^^ i can totally relate to it. btw.... are you checking out that girl with the coffee? ;P

Ken said...

Carl: hahaha... yeh man. I feel ya. Great minds eh?! It was kinda bizarre! Cheers dude!

Ross Love: Thanks dude! Cheers for visiting

Rawls: Thanks mate!

Chris Boyd: Yeh glad Im not the only one that feels that way! Its just some areas of town have a really high concentration of "suits" haha. Thanks dude!

John "Roc" Upchurch: thanks dude!

Claudio Cerri: thanks! means a lot :D

ARI: thanks... maybe I will!

Eric Barclay: Thanks dude! Yeh Ill probably leave it... though a couple of those faces could do with tightening up!

Nadia: Cheers! haha... well technically... thats not me. But if it was... then yeh I would be haha

Megan Nicole Dong said...

Awesome illustrations! The suitsville piece is really nice, and I love those monsters :)

Chase Standley said...

these are great! Love your characters.

Tooninator said...

that suitsville drawing is right cool. Well done.

Octavio E. Rodriguez said...

Cool posts!

Toby Wan Kenobi! said...

Love the suitsville! I think you've caught the magic and the breath of life in every character there, kudos.

Kate Moon said...

great characters!

Javier M. said...

I felt like this everyday when i would get off the train to go to school... Everybody looked busy or had a face of grief.. I felt left out for some reason..
Cool painting though, thanks for stopping by. J