Sunday, September 04, 2011

Secret Suppers.....



Hello!

Thought it was about time I should dust off the old blog, been crazy busy with new jobs and freelance work! 

Last month I was commissioned by Saga magazine to create a double page spread illustration for a feature in their September issue. The result is above! Technically it's my first real illustration job, every other illustration I have done to date has been for games or animation. It was quite liberating doing this one, I hope to get more editorial work in the future. Shame I didn't have more time on this, there are a few things I would have worked on more, like the expressions and some hands etc. But hey.... next time!

Thanks to everyone who drops in, hopefully I'll get some more updates on here soon.... famous last words lol

Ken :D

PS: I just realised my last post was way back in JUNE! Im such a slacker....!

16 comments:

L ROSSI said...

June!?!
....
Was worth the wait ;)
Lovely piece and congrats on your first illustration gig!
L

criket said...

ah ahcongrat's for the job.
nice composition and colours.
i like it.

Gillibean said...

As always...Frikking awesome! I love the colours and the atmosphere. Hope you get more and more jobs like this cause I like looking at them!

Kenneth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ken said...

Laurent: Thanks dude! Hopefully I wont keep you waiting so long til the next update :D

Criket: Thanks a lot! :D

Gillibean: Thanks Gill! haha fingers crossed. Hope you are well?? :)

Mauve Clafoutis said...

Ho wouah !!! J'adore!!!

Dave said...

Wow! Looks great! A great talent on show here! Staging, character design, composition, colours... you've nailed the lot! I love the soft treatment of light you produce. Looking forward to the next one!

TJ Lubrano said...

OMG! Kenny! This one is so awesome!! I love everything about it :D The lighting, the colors, the characters! My fave character is the lady in the purple dress ^_^. She's so pretty! Now...gimme some pie please.

*waves*

AME said...

ver nice Kenny..am i seeing a slight Ratatouille flavour (pun intended) to the colours?

Magnetom said...

Just had a chance to see this one in the flesh, as it were, and it looks really nice on the page. Awesome stuff!

Ken said...

Thanks everyone, your comments are much appreciated! :D

@Tom: Ohhh you saw it? I didnt know you subscribed! ;) If you saw it in the flesh you will have seen the bad cropping of the girl on the far right! thanks dude!

joonasjoonas said...

Long time since last visit. Beautiful painting KEn!

kencoogan said...

Congrats Ken on a beautiful illustration! Kudos!

kencoogan said...

BTW Ken, if you had a step-by-step for this I'd love to see it!

Ken Chandler said...

Gorgeous piece Ken! You amaze me.

TANYA LYON said...

This is some great work Ken! Love your character designs, the colors and lighting. Can't wait to see more of your work :)